Project Repository: https://gitgud.io/663/16Lynx
Live Site: https://www.16chan.xyz
16Lynx is the offical frontend for both 16chan.xyz as well as formerlychucks.com, this project was initially a fork of the default frontend provided by the LynxChan projected called PenumbraLynx. PenumbraLynx, although extemely functional, lightweight, and somewhat feature heavy lacked many of the core features that I wanted to provide for my community, as well as features that I would consider essentially, such as catalog sorting.
16Lynx features several additions to PenumbraLynx, such as:
- 3 additional themes (Yotsuba, Yotsuba B, and Warosu)
- Additional embedding support for BitChute and Invidio.
- A default theme built off of the commonly used ‘Tomorrow’ theme. (This theme is slightly different for Formerly Chuck’s as it features more of a Simpsons twist).
- An additional file in
~/static/that acts as a board directory for DashChan which allows for DashChan support.
- Announcements, nav, and footer information is globally pulled from template pages making management of said content extremely easy to manage for when new information is to be added.
- Catalog sorting options by: bump order, last reply, creation date, and reply count.
- Clipboard paste support for several image formats
- Several utility features:
- reclicking floating menu buttons such as Side Catalog, Settings, and Watching will result in closing the window).
- Additonal top and bottom navigation controls on
- Reformatting of
archive.html, making these pages significantly more readable and usable.
This project is extremely prolific to me, because along with being tangible (in the sense that it can be seen and used) it acts as a community for hundreds of daily users. Code that I have written is being used by people everyday. Alongside this, I also developed several skills that I hadn’t had in the past, specifially pertaining to web development and collaberation. To list a few: